Are you looking for an opportunity for career growth in an Engineering field? Is lifestyle important to you? Our 4 offices are located in communities that offer a vast array of outdoor recreational opportunities, arts and culture experiences, while offering a lower cost of living and affordable Real Estate. SUMMARY: Omega & Associates Engineering Ltd. is an award winning full service civil and structural engineering firm, providing 35 years of service both nationally and internationally to resource industries, government and the private sector. Awards include TOP BUSINESS of the Year 2013 in Chilliwack and Nominated TOP BUSINESS of the Year 2014 in Chilliwack, TOP 10 for BC BUSINESSES of the Year 2014. POSITION: Omega & Associates Engineering Ltd. is looking for a self-motivated and disciplined individual to fill the position of a Structural Design Technologist. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in preparation of structural design drawings and high level of checking drawings. A thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit an asset. COMPENSATION PLAN: • Competitive Salaries and Benefits Package. Structural Design Technologist: Required experience and Qualifications: Required experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Structural Design.
- Preparation of structural design drawings based on architectural design drawings or design sketches.
- Coordination of structural drawings with architectural and other discipline drawings.
- Developing details for connections and structural framing.
- Reviewing shop drawings.
- Capable of structural design of small buildings and components.
- Checking drawings for completeness, constructability, and accuracy.
- Preparation of detailed structural drawings.
- Conduct Field Reviews.
- A thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit Structure Suite.
- Knowledge of material codes and standard details.
- Knowledge of construction and design details in timber, concrete and steel.
- Effective verbal & written Communication with co-workers, public, clients, regulatory agencies & contractors.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment and inspire and motivate other project engineers.
- Works with enthusiasm and dedication.
- Exhibits high degree of integrity and honesty.
At Omega & Associates Engineering Ltd., the importance of continuing professional development is recognized and staff is encouraged to lead in-house trainings and to attend conferences and other career enrichment programs. The work environment at Omega and Associates Engineering is challenging and stimulating and all staff are supported to reach their full potential aided by mentoring, training and professional development. TO APPLY: Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to @ firstname.lastname@example.org Omega and Associates Engineering thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.